Monday, November 3, 2008

Week Ending November 1, 2008

I've been deciding on where to start using this as a family journal of sorts but I get so busy that I am really bad at finding the time to actually sit and accomplish it.

The main event of this week was our Halloween Party.  I mentioned to Grandma O. that I was willing to hold it at our place and we decided to just invite everyone in our family that we could think of.  Grandma agreed to provide a good portion of the food which
 we did simply, Hot Dogs!

For the invitation I used Photo Booth a very cool program within the iMac that lets you take a picture of yourself using the built in camera. I then manipulated it to make myself look rather scary and downloaded a free font for lettering.  Turned out pretty well if I say so myself!

Quite a few of the guests came in costume.  I will direct you to my Facebook page to review those photos.  My favorite part of the day was my "Happy Halloween" carved pumkin with my $4.oo Wal-Mart scull.

Last year we volunteered in Katie's classroom and so we had some games prepped for all the kids to play.  Some of the best were pin the wart on the witches nose, and Frankensteins lost eye relay.  We finished with trick or treating.

That same night the Philadelphia Philly's won the 2008 World Series.  I have been a fan since we visited there while I was in High School.  One of my fondest memories was sitting at their game and having Ralph teach me how to keep a scorecard.



No comments: